it's almost time to pick the quote of the year, so i thought i'd go ahead and start posting them. Let's take a look back at January and February of 2006... way back back when SellBackBooks.com was still a fuzzy bunny, there was an ugly kid that looked like Frodo on our homepage, and the key account rep office might as well have been a sorority house...
here's the quotes from Jan.-Feb. '06
1/6/06 “I didn’t actually see him, but I could sense that there was a baby in the room.”
–James, on being freaked out by babies
1/10/06 “This is the best day of my life”
–James, in response to the vending machine spitting out 5 cokes for a dollar
1/16/06 “…Leaving eCampus is kind of like leaving an abusive spouse”.
–Greg, discussing a fellow employee’s upcoming departure from the company
1/18/06 “Are you making an art project or something?”
–Barry, to Erica regarding her Diet Coke pyramid
“No Barry, I just don’t have time to take out my trash, I’m too busy.” -Erica
“Well you change your clothes and take showers.” -Barry
2/8/06 "The more you mess up, the better you do in this company. Erica, if you lose one more school, you may get V.P." –Will
2/8/06 “We’re making a new website? Really? Why?” –Claudia
“Yeah I don’t know… instead of fixing all the crap we’ve already got, let’s just put up new crap.” –Greg, in reference to the new buyback website (SellBackBooks.com)
2/10/06 “Well James, are you going to go to your interview this afternoon?” –Erica
“No, I don’t think so; Ellen comes on at 4.” –James
“I’m living the dream” –James, on partying till 6 in the morning and living off of unemployment
2/10/06
Important facts and notes discussed at a marketing meeting:
“We don’t have apples and apples to compare. We have apples and oranges, and then we went to grapes for a while, and now we have peaches.” -Greg
“Look at bookbyte.com”-mm “They’re biting us”-Radhika
“What are we selling here?” “Frodo”-Greg
“Yeah it’s got relevant text, not some fat girls with cucumbers on their eyes.”-Leslie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment