
Kerry Atherton
Virtual Bookstore Manager
*If you could come up with your own job title, what would it be?
Affiliate School Supervisor, ASS for short
*What was your first job ever?
My first “real” job, that wasn’t related to farm work or other related hard labor, was Mancino’s pizza in Owensboro. The kind of job where flies in the lettuce wasn’t anything to freak out over.
*What’s your favorite thing about working at ecampus?
The hand sanitizer on my desk, and treats in the internet marketing office.
*Is the fact that the restroom is about a quarter of a mile away from your desk helping you train for your upcoming marathon at all?
The lingering diseases found in the restroom may someday cause me to put my training to a stop and consult a physician.
*Do you sometimes feel an urge to raise your hand while you’re sitting at your desk in your office and wait for Allison Fraley to call on you?
I was never one to wait for someone to call on me. Usually I just start talking and look around the room until someone’s eye catches me, and then they’re stuck hearing what I have to say. Dan used to fill that role, but usually someone is there to answer my question.
*Grey’s Anatomy, ER, or Scrubs?
I’ve got a healthy addiction with Scrubs. I’ve never heard of the other two shows? They’re probably lame.
*If you were a character on “The Office” who would you be and why?
Jim, because it would be nice to have two girls to chose from, plus he’s pretty creative when it comes to wasting time.
*How does it make you feel that Dan got you to work here and then left you?
Abandoned? Lost?
*If you only had access to five websites ever, which five would they be?
aol.com
weather.com
espn.com
Kentucky.com
www.clownpenis.fart/ (not a real site, but a funny SNL skit from the hey day)
*Why didn’t you include eCampus.com in your five?
Because I could probably find my books cheaper somewhere else.
*What’s the most fulfilling thing about your job?
Seeing a smile on a child’s face when I tell them I’ll pay $10 for a 100 dollar book.
*How do you feel you’ve made a difference in the world in the time you’ve spent working here?
The money from my huge paycheck keeps the Lexington economy prosperous.
*What are some tips in dealing with difficult people?
Kill them with kindness. Even if they’re still pissed at the end of the convo, at least you’re blood pressure has been kept under a dangerous level.
*What’s the dumbest thing a customer has ever asked you?
“I thought my books were shipping out the day after I ordered?” hah! What an IDIOT
*What would be the first piece of advice you would give to a new Virtual Bookstore Manager?
Use your hand sanitizer
No comments:
Post a Comment