Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Game Notes


UK fans: Thank your lucky stars--Tyler Hansbrough will not be playing tonight.
But I have no doubt that the Heels will still hand the Cats their 2nd loss... easily. ;-)

To celebrate Basketball Season, I thought a Dick Vitale clip was appropriate. (I actually can't stand him, but I like what he has to say in this interview.)


-Kentucky is coming off of a 111-103 loss at home to VMI. The 111 points given up were the most surrendered by a Kentucky team since December 27, 1989 when Carolina scored 121 points.



-WHY SO EARLY? Tonight's game between the winningest programs in college basketball is usually played later in the season; the change this year was so it could be part of ESPN's “24 Hours of Basketball,” which features games on ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU.

-Carolina and Kentucky have never played in the month of November. At least one of the two teams has been ranked in each of the last 23 meetings.

-Kentucky has never been ranked number one when the Wildcats faced the Tar Heels.


-UK/CAROLINA TRASH TALKING QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Tyler sucks." -Erin Miles
"I love him." -Claudia
"He sucks at life and in the game of basketball (to be said in a very Shannon-like voice)" -Erin

3 comments:

Erin Miles said...

I met dickie v walking down the beach in florida one year- true story

Kring said...

eww... that's two things that I did not want to hear in a sentence together. Dickie V & Beach. Gross.

Mtaylor said...

dickie v is going to die soon..