Friday, February 9, 2007

*BONUS* Employee in the Spotlight

Since Alicia's 'Employee in the Spotlight' interview was met with such enthusiasm and curiosity, we're posting a bonus segment. The second featured employee is...

Shannon Adams, Virtual Bookstore Manager

*If you could come up with your own job title, what would it be?
Virtual Better Business Bureau Master

*What was your first job ever?
Teller – Owingsville Banking Company in Bath County. Unless you consider stripping tobacco when I was 10 yrs old for a week straight at a pay rate of $0.10/hr and a chocolate milk shake from Erma’s hamburger stand.

*What’s your favorite thing about working at ecampus?
All the beautiful women.

*How many times have you been threatened by customers to be reported to the Better Business Bureau?
Twice

*What is your standard response to these customers?
S-H-A-N-N-O-N……Shannon Adams. My number is 859-514-5247. That is my direct line.

*What is your favorite NSYNC song? (since you’re buddies with Lance)

“I'll Never Stop”…..Which were also Lance’s famous last words to me before the restraining order.

*What is your favorite Celine Dion song?

“Because You Loved Me”…because it’s the only one I’ve ever heard of.

*Your girlfriend once compared herself to a squirrel (because they’re tenacious). What animal would you say best describes you?
I’m a WILDCAT (because they are courageous, yet fickle)

*If you only had access to five websites ever, which five would they be?
ESPN
myspace
Fifth Third bank
yahoomail
and of course…adult friend finder

*Why didn’t you include eCampus in your five?
Because I am a Christian man.

*What’s the most fulfilling thing about your job?
The days I do not have to use the eCampus restroom.

*What are some tips in dealing with difficult people?
-ALWAYS blame the school.
-If that doesn’t work, blame someone else.
-Convince the difficult person THEY made the mistake.
-Transfer them to customer service.

*What’s the dumbest thing a customer has ever asked you?
“Are you a boy?” The first response after expecting a female named Shannon to answer the phone.

*What would be the first piece of advice you would give someone that was taking over your job?
Booze help.







No comments: