Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lunch with the Boys

I was outnumbered yesterday, in a really bad way.

With Erin and Eva out sick, and Erica and Alicia in Chicago on a buyback, I was left to fend for myself at lunch with the boys (Matthew Clayton Taylor, Corey Roy Herlihy, and Shannon Naynay Adams).

Girls- here's a rundown of the topics of conversation you missed out on (or were spared from-depending on how you look at it)

*A discussion on who the hottest cartoon chick is. Votes included Jessica Rabbit, The Little Mermaid (which Matt actually knew by name- Ariel) and Fiona from Shrek- before she turned into an ogre. Then they talked about how interesting it was that they all had red hair. Seriously.


*next... a lively discussion on Billy Gillespie's incompetence as a coach, which quickly turned into talk of raping him and other really crude things that I do not feel should be talked about at Texas Roadhouse, or anywhere really for that matter.

*Then Matt and Corey delved into a fascinating conversation about art classes that they took in college and how rigorous the coursework was, and how they didn't have enough time to complete their paintings and blabla bla bla bla... until Shanaynay finally interjected- "INCLUDE US!" thanks Shannon, for sticking up for me a little. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

*oh, as if the 'raping Billy G.' conversation wasn't bad enough- Matt went into at least a 10 minute conversation on how the f-word is the best cuss word around because it can be used as a noun, verb, adjective, etc. He even gave examples...
"John really f-ed me on my taxes"
"John really f-ed up on my taxes."
"F John"
"John's a real F."
"I f-ing hate taxes!"
I feel that it is important to note that there were two small children in the booth right beside us.

*And lastly, the conversation in the car on the way back to work was about how the lead singer of INXS killed himself... and it was gross.

Not once did we talk about Britney Spears.
Erin- I'm glad you're back today :-)

5 comments:

Mtaylor said...

I men really, I didnt talk about Halo once on our little journey.

JJ said...

I disagree - Jasmine and Mulan are two dark horses in this race of the sexiest cartoon charaters. Both are extremely intellegint. Mulan is good with the sword.

KA said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CqnvxP0H3lM

Erin Miles said...

I am very sorry I left you to the fate of the boys. I will try to never do it again. Next time they get carried away, all you have to do is repeat "Britney Spears" over and over again until someone gets your point.

crtre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.