Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Matt's hunting adventures week 1

Okay, so it is no big secret. I love hunting and fishing. There is nothing really I would rather do. With that being said, this past weekend was opening day of deer season. I spent weeks (and tons of $$$$) preparing for what was supposed to be an awesome opening weekend. I got my camera up, baited the fiels, made an auto feeder, set up my blind and was ready to rock.

So opening morning came and I left my house in Lexington to drive to the outskirts of Bourbon county aroung 4:30am. When I arrived at the gate to the farm I was hunting, it was about 5:45am. since the sun comes up at 7:11am, I had a bit of time to get to my blind.

As I began to walk down towards my position, I realized that I couldnt see shit in front of me. I mean it was pitch dark. I was a little freaked out too because this farm has like 165 head of cattle on it and they were all around me.

Anyway I got to my blind and got situated closed my eyes and waited til dawn. I was so sure I would see something. ................Nothing. I mean nothing. Hours and hours went by and nothing but turkey.

Day 1 was a total bummer.
PIC FROM DAY 1


Day 2 was much of the same, little sleep, little food, borderline sanity....no deer.
PIC FROM DAY 2

I am going to make my way back Friday to another spot. Hopefully I have some better luck! Peace out my Ninjas! Jason likes men.

5 comments:

Joel said...

What the hell is a blind? Wouldn't you want to be able to see the deer you are trying to kill? Or is it like a "shoot first, and hope for the best" kind of situation?

Mtaylor said...

The blind is like a camo tent with windows. I can see them but they cannot see me.

Lisa said...

Because THAT makes it fair.

Joel said...

Ahh. Well that makes more sense then.

Eric LaZur said...

wow, I can't BELIEVE I didn't go too. Sounds like loads of fun.